About our fertility center
Oriental Art of Healing Fertility Center has well established the unique and effective protocols that integrate ancient wisdom of traditional Chinese medicine and the most updated findings in fertility researches.
Drs. Connie Presson and Henry D. Wu have extensive experience and high success in treating both women and men infertility with the natural approaches, including acupuncture, herbs, energy balancing and diet. Our doctors work closely together as a team, sharing processional experience, studying cases and updating treatment protocols, to achieve the best results.
Natural fertility solution
Acupuncture and Chinese herbs have become a well known natural way to treat infertility worldwide. Modern researches have found that this ancient can help the following:
– regulating the menstrual cycle
– improving egg quality
– increasing blood flow to the uterus, improving the chances of ovum implantation
– regulating the hormones that control ovulation, especially in PCOS patients
– positively influencing the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis
– reducing anxiety and stress
Since the advanced age in women is a most significant cause factor of infertility, those couples who want to conceive should start the evaluation and treatment sooner than late.
Enhancing IFV & IUI success
Researches have also shown that acupuncture can improve chances of success and enhance quality of life in IVF patients. This is achieved by:
– Improving the quality of eggs and sperm before fertilization
– Promoting the maternal uterus circulation and endometrial lining environment
– Relaxing the uterus that favors the embryo implanting and developing
– Increasing blood flow to the area aids in implantation of the embryo.
– In addition, the treatment relieves the abdominal pain, nausea, and stress and side effects of ovarian stimulation medications.
In order to prepare an optimal egg quality and fertilizing condition, we suggest the patient start acupuncture treatment at least 2 – 3 months before the IUI or IVF procedure.
The patient is recommended to receive acupuncture before and after the transfer procedure on the transfer day.
During pregnancy, prior and post baby delivery
Once conception is confirmed, it’s beneficial to receive weekly acupuncture care, especially during the first trimester or for those who have history of miscarriage. This is to improve the uterus Qi-Blood circulation and hormonal balance, which is essential for maintaining conception and for embryo to develop healthily.
One to 2 acupuncture treatments per week is also recommended starting from the 32~34th week of pregnancy (or 6-8 weeks before delivery). This helps maintain the ideal metabolism and emotional balance and helps prepare the pelvic muscles and ligaments to coordinate with the need of labor. It can also prevent or correct the malpositions of the fetus such as breech or posterior baby.
Acupuncture treatment during all stages of pregnancy and post-natal is natural, safe and effective to prevent and treat the pregnancy-related symptoms as following:
– Morning sickness
– Threatened miscarriage
– Back Pain
– Lack or inefficiency of lactation
– Urinary Incontinence
– Postnatal depression
Further reading: Basic facts of infertility